|I heard it somewhere in a song...|
Word games are just about my favorite thing ever...and I love music with an intensity that might not be considered healthy. There's a soundtrack to my life running in my head at all times...and I remember lyrics to songs I learned before I could even talk.
Music is the color to my world...and words are something I enjoy playing with, even when I'm not stringing them into sentences.
A few years ago, I found a blog called "Lyric Game" ...a new word was announced in each post and people commented with the lyrics to a song in which that word was used. It was based on a board game I had never played before...but I fell in love with it right away and played faithfully until one day it disappeared...it was just gone.
Years later, I've gotten over the hole it left in my life...but I haven't forgotten how much fun it was to play the game...so I decided to revive it here on my very own website ~ with a few important changes:
- the words chosen will follow a theme...related in some way to my books or short stories
- participation will be rewarded...the person with the most entries in one week will be named "Lyrical Genius of the Week"...their names will be put onto a spiffy little button and prominently displayed here on the site all week long =)
- there aren't any official rules...just play fair & be nice
- post as much of the lyrics as you want...or as much as you can remember ;o)
- well-known quotes and poetry are fair game...just try not to go too obscure
- the name of the game is "Lyricality"!
Now, to kick things off...this week's word is:
Are the wheels in your brain churning already? Leave a comment, all you lyrical geniuses...as many as you want! I hope you have lots of fun and love the game just as much as I do! =)